Carbon Reduction Plan Silvey Fleet 2022 v1.0
Publication date: 4th November 2021
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
Silvey Fleet confirms its commitment to achieving Net Zero emissions by the end of year 2035.
Through increasing our energy efficiency, we will reduce emissions from our own operations and capture or offset any others.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been both previously produced and prior to the introduction of any specific emission reduction strategies. They provide the benchmark against which emissions reduction can be measured. Reporting will be made publicly available by the end 2022.
Based on science-based targets, the ambition of Silvey Fleet is to be carbon neutral in calendar year 2022 and net zero in financial year 2035 (FY2035).
Carbon Reduction Projects
Silvey Fleet is currently in the process of appointing our Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS) team to drive the development of its ‘Net Zero Strategy’. This is due to commence implementation at the beginning of calendar year 2022.
On publication, this “Net Zero Strategy” will update the Carbon Reduction Plan.
In more detail, Silvey Fleet will achieve its newly announced carbon negative and net zero targets by:
- Reducing business travel emissions from baseline and achieve net zero in FY2035
- 100% electric company cars by FY2025
- Reducing office electricity usage and procuring 100% renewable energy for our remaining needs where possible
- Structuring electricity supply contracts, utilising virtual power purchase agreements.
- Providing Silvey Fleet teams with the tools that enable them to firstly calculate, then reduce the carbon emitted from business operations.
- Using nature-based solutions and carbon-reduction technologies to remove, or offset, more carbon than we emit from the atmosphere each year.
- Investing in services and solutions that help Silvey Fleet clients decarbonize their businesses and provide solutions to other sustainability challenges and opportunities without adverse impact on profitability.
Our current carbon reduction or offsetting projects/activities are:
- Project type: Agricultural, Forestry and landscapes. https://www.naturalcapitalpartners.com/projects/project/acre-amazonian-rainforestconservation
- Project Type: Forestry and landscapes, Household devices. https://www.naturalcapitalpartners.com/projects/project/kulera-landscape-redd-andcookstoves
- Project Type: Forestry and landscapes. https://www.naturalcapitalpartners.com/projects/project/rimba-raya-biodiversity-reserve
- During 2019 & 2020 we have invested in the Re-plant project based in Bristol.
- The introduction of a paperless policy.
- The introduction of a permanent flexible working policy to reduce the level of businessrelated travel.
- The introduction of the government Bike-to-Work scheme during 2020.
- Our office recycling policy includes the use of keep cups to significantly reduce the requirement for paper alternatives.
- By the end of 2021 we will also be investing in the “Plant More Trees” project.
Our Carbon Reduction Plan will operate in accordance with PPN 06/21 and the associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions will be reported and recorded in line with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard1 using the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting2.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions will be reported in line with SECR requirements and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions will be reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard3.
Download the Carbon Reduction Plan